PCC CYA 3 - Penang Christian Centre Zone C - Young Adults CG 3

Monday, May 07, 2007

Thought Corner: Is Jesus the captain of your soul?

As I sit in the bus, I realize I have about four hours to ponder about life so here I am writing something about it. Ever since I was young, I always compared my life to the analogy of a train. Imagine a train traveling down the tracks from one station to another. People get in and out of it depending on their chosen destination but many might not know the end of the journey the train is taking.

What happens when it has reached the last station in its line? Similarly in our lives some people stay longer in the train while some get off at the next station and its time to say goodbye. Many a times we concentrate too much on who gets in and out of our lives or which station are we heading to next or even think too much about the station we passed by a long time ago or linger on to memories of the people who got off the train ages ago. Remember that after the last station of our life there is no one left in the train and we go alone to meet our Lord. We can’t bring anything but ourselves.

Instead of wasting time on the past, the present or even the future which most of us do including me. Do any of us think who actually the captain of the train is? Wouldn’t the captain know all the details of the destination or even the people getting in and out of the train which in real life is oblivious to the train itself since it’s an object? Likewise, we do not know how many more stations we would pass or how many more people would come into our lives or even how long they intend to be part of our lives, if Jesus is our captain he will know our destination as He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. However personally I think most of us who have been independent would like to take over or try to maneuver to the direction we think is best or better still control who gets in and out of our train but Jesus on the other hand knows what’s best for us.

This made me think about my life. I hope you do too. I end with a song,

We're In This Thing - D. Huntsinger

People always talking sad and lonely, but you won’t hear that kind of talk from me.
Cause even though I too was once so lonely, now somebody’s walking close to me.

Cause we’re in this thing together, Jesus and me, Jesus and me.
We’re gonna fight a winning battle because we’ve got a team that just can’t be beat.

Oh, He’s my captain, and I follow close to Him.
When troubles face me, I don’t worry over them,
Because we’re in this thing together, Jesus and me, Jesus and me. (repeat)

Together forever! It’s gonna be Jesus and me!
You know it’s gonna be Jesus and me! Yeah!

1 Comments:

Blogger meiyi said...

Different ppl that crosses our path add colors or darkens our lives.. whether Good stuff or Bad stuff.. we were the one who chose the path.....

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:23:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home